2010-05-28

Duc 900

Been spending a lot of time in the garage, sorry -parking space, in my building lately, bought a bike-stand which meant I could finally take off the front forks to mount new head light holders and a new front fender and lowering the rev counter+speedo. Dropped the forks through an extra 10mm to get a bit better stance as well. Also mounted a mini-mirror that I found at the local Ducati dealer, ridiculously expensive but looks great I think :) And you can even see things in it!! Like what's happening behind you and stuff like that! Now I'm looking for different rear shocks to lift the tail of the bike a bit, feels too low right now. People tend to look at me in a kind of strange way when they come home and park their bicycles and see my lying on the floor, dirty and sweaty with tools and parts all over the place, but I reckon that's their problem... Another thing is that the parking area is video monitored... so the old security-boys in the building might be wondering why i've been taking-off-putting-back-taking-off-putting-back-taking-off-putting-back the front forks, head-light and front fender a million times... well it's because I can't measure things properly and have to re-do and re-drill things over and over ok!! Anyway, been good fun lately, tomorrow we are going for a weekend trip with some people from work, very much looking forward to get up on some bendy roads again!

7 comments:

  1. How very sweet ur bike is becoming my bruh, figure that maybe the trip from Japan to Europe will have som class ;)

    Looking forwards to see her sooon,

    Ciao //Alo

    ReplyDelete
  2. stick the battery up under the tail, then it will look reeeeally clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick it here and stick it there huh, it doesn't fit under the tail mate... And I need all the oomph I can get for starting her, so I don't think I can size down either. But maybe they teach you that you can stick things wherever you want in traffic-school... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the rims are supposed to be _gold_! Not only does Italian engineering provide automatic lubrication for the chain, it also colors your rims black ;)

    Anyway, great ride last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha, yep coloring included as long as you pick pantone 0012 "oil-slick-black"! was good fun riding together, let's go again sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete